Friday, December 21, 2007

Satisfaction

Seeds IX, 51

Seed: Satisfaction

Poor Mick Jagger. He’s famous in part because he “can’t get no satisfaction.” What I wonder is: can you?

What would be required for you to have a life of satisfaction? In 25 years of doing spiritual counseling with people, I’ve listened to problems for a long time. After the litany, I often ask, “Okay, if you could have your life any way you wanted it, how would you have it be?” I’ve not yet had a client who could answer that question. Not one.

Part of the reason is because we tend to share a collective guilt that we’re not doing enough. How that can be I don’t know. People are, as I’m sure you know, so over-scheduled that they can’t think much of the time, let alone do.

May I make a suggestion as we approach the end of this year? Consider what I call the Satisfaction Factor. Satisfaction comes from Latin roots; satis- means enough, and facere means to do. The Satisfaction Factor means that what you’re doing is enough.

Ask yourself, what would satisfy me in each arena of my life? Spiritual. Health. Wealth. Relationship. Work. Society. Planet. Do you know what would satisfy you? Excellent. Do it, and please, let the rest go.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my peace blog at Ode Magazine.

No comments: