Thursday, July 24, 2008

People Change

Seeds X, 31

Seed: People Change

People change. They do.

Recently a friend told me a story about the beginning of a new romance in his life. His closest friend took the fifth about the relationship upsetting my friend. It took us a while to figure out that his best friend was simply reacting to the change in my friend’s life. New romances change us.

There’s a line in Lillian Hellman’s play Toys in the Attic. One of the characters says, “People change and forget to tell each other.”

The next time someone dear to you makes a change in his or her life, before you react, reflect. Is your dear one saying, subtextually anyway, “I’m changing and I’m telling you so”?

People change, and we get to change with them.

Be content,

Susan Corso


Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blogs Ode Magazine. and The Huffington Post.

No comments: