Friday, February 1, 2008

Impeccability

Seeds X, 5

Seed: Impeccable

I’ve been working with this concept with a number of too-busy, overwhelmed clients in the new year and so thought it would make a good seed. When I looked up its roots in the OED, I was astonished!

Impeccable comes from Latin roots meaning incapable of sin, or, put more secularly, incapable of error.

My own definition of impeccability is a little less lofty. To me it means that I do what I say I’m going to do when I say I’m going to do it OR I renegotiate my agreement. Take lateness, for example. It doesn’t matter to me if I’m two minutes late or thirty. If I’m late, I call the person I’m meeting.

The thing that intrigued me about the etymology of the word was the incapable part. Incapable means can’t do it. Not, won’t do it, or wouldn’t do it, but can’t. There are two ways to read this. Either it means one is quite literally unable to make errors, or it means that there are no errors, no matter the choices we make.

For myself, and I invite you to join me, impeccability is simply an easier mode to live by than others I’ve tried. I like being a woman of my word.

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: