Friday, April 4, 2008

Talking Story

Seeds X, 14

Seed: Talking Story

Talking story is an expression from an Hawaiian healing technique called ho’oponopono. It addresses the stories we tell ourselves.

The thing about our inner stories is that we do tell them to ourselves. Our stories are made up of memories, past experiences, judgments and opinions. Do you like the stories you’re telling yourself?

True confessions. I don’t always like the one I tell myself. There’s a particular one I tell myself about the war in Iraq that really makes me squirm. Talking story is about looking at the stories we tell . . . to ourselves, about ourselves to others, about others to ourselves.

Consider adding a question to your experience this week. Ask yourself when something upsets you . . . are you talking story again? If you are, tell another one!

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: