Friday, January 25, 2008

?!

Seeds X, 4

Seed: ?!

You’ve probably seen the punctuation mark that appears above. ?! What I didn’t know and you may not either is that there’s a name for this little punctuational goody. It’s called an interrobang.

I can’t even remember where I learned its name, but I do remember how delighted I was to learn something new about the language I so love. The appropriate place to use an interrobang is after words that cause a question and an exclamation.

You got a hundred percent?!
How much of a raise?!
Your EMT training saved him?!
The president did what?!

What would you like to add an interrobang to from this week of your life? Go for it. There are lots of them around.

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my peace blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: