Friday, November 9, 2007

Unity

Seeds IX, 45

Seed: Unity

I had a strange introduction to politics, one I never would have expected. My sweetie bought me the DVDs of Aaron Sorkin’s, The West Wing. It was an hour-long television drama about a top team in the White House. Admittedly, Mr. Sorkin’s political bent matches my own quite liberal one, but that’s not what I got from the DVDs.

What I learned was how the process of politics works in Washington, D.C. It’s a fascinating, frustrating, valuable process. Learning about it has helped me get clear about what I value politically. It can be put pretty plainly in three words:

Unity, not uniformity.

I appreciate those whose ideas and opinions differ from mine, if only because they make me clearer about what my own are. What I want for our country is dialogue, interaction, a bigger solution than that of just one person, or one majority.

Not uniformity, unity.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog at Ode Magazine.

No comments: