Friday, November 2, 2007

The Symbolism of Politics

Seeds IX, 44

Seed: The Symbolism of Politics

It’s a few days before the one-year mark prior to the Presidential election in the U.S. as I send this. As I write it, though, it’s just after Summer Solstice. This Seed came to me via an article called “The Politics of Symbolism.” When I read the title, the words, as you can see, reversed themselves.

What does it mean that our current president has lower approval ratings than any president ever?
What does it mean that corruption is being discovered in the Justice Department?
What does it mean that an immigration bill has stymied the congress?
What does it mean that our country is still involved in a war that almost seventy percent of voting people disapprove?

Does any of this have personal meaning to you and me? I think it does. I think the government, in all its aspects, is a mirror to each of us. Want to help out our governing bodies?

Where within are you disapproving of your own leadership?
Where within are you corrupt or unjust?
Where within are you denying yourself amnesty?
Where within are you at war despite your better judgment?

Make peace, dear one. Make peace within yourself about all these things, and behold a remarkable change in our governance.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: