Monday, November 19, 2007

Outrageous Joy

I’m reading Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks. It is a compilation of the teachings of Abraham, a non-physical family of energies determined to remind us all of who we are. I read a book of theirs years ago, and didn’t connect with it. This time I could underline every word. Readiness is everything.

Although I’m only a few pages into the book, the phrase in my title here stopped me in my tracks. Abraham says we’re all here to experience outrageous joy.

Outrageous joy!


Can you imagine what that feels like from your own insides to live in outrageous joy? Can you imagine what it looks like to live on a planet full of people living in outrageous joy? Can you imagine what a planet feels like when its inhabitants live in outrageous joy?

I’ve known for a long time that joy is our birthright. I’ve spent much of my life joyful, and a lot of it less-than-joyful. There are myriad reasons why. The reasons aren’t of value. They weren’t then and they aren’t now and they won’t be in the future.

What is of value is the idea that we can live in outrageous joy and that as we commit to the whole world living in outrageous joy, our personal joy will increase. There are actions to take to create joy. Simple ones. Daily ones. Useful ones.

The next time you’re inclined to give someone a compliment, even a stranger, do it!
The next time you see something beautiful, stop and savor it.
The next time you read a book that touches you, tell someone about it.

The fastest way to create joy for yourself is to give joy to others. Really. It’s true of all the outrageous wonder that is possible on Earth. Wonder. Joy. Peace. Love. Honor. Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Wisdom. Fun.

Outrageous joy! Give it and receive it now.

No comments: