Friday, October 17, 2008

Unknown Blessings

Seeds X, 42

Seed: Unknown Blessings

I can’t remember where I read these words, on beliefnet maybe. Regardless, indigenous wisdom reminds us: Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.

We all know about the giving thanks thing already. Robert Schuller coined it as an “attitude of gratitude,” and we know that gratitude is the energy that greases the wheels of our personal cosmos.

The thing that caught me this time was Unknown Blessings. Reflect a moment, if you would. Have you ever had a blessing arrive in your life unexpectedly? Maybe one of those famous blessings in disguise?

These words made me think of gazillions of blessings I’ve received that I had no idea were coming. It asks a far deeper question:

Do you believe the Universe is benevolent? If you do, then giving thanks for unknown blessings even when you can’t see them will feel natural to you. If you don’t, unknown will equate to scary for you.

The thing is, the Unknown we have always with us. Benevolent is up to you.

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my website www.susancorso.com and my blogs
Ode Magazine. and The Huffington Post.

No comments: