Friday, October 3, 2008

The Gift of Contentment

Seeds X, 40

Seed: The Gift of Contentment

Another Seed inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat, Pray, Love. Have you gifted yourself with this book yet?

I’ve been a student of contentment for thirty years. In my twenties, I realized that striving was good but that contentment was better. To me, and someday I’ll write that book I’ve worked on for so long called Secrets of Contentment, contentment means I am at peace with what I am and that I have a dream which calls more to me.

Ms. Gilbert writes, “The search for contentment is, therefore, not merely a self-preserving and self-benefiting act, but also a generous gift to the world.” Wow. Wow. Wow.

Ever thought of contentment that way? Of course it’s self-preserving and self-benefiting, but a gift to the world? That makes sense to me.

If I am content, I will radiate it to others, and contentment is virally contagious. Just think, what a world we would have if each one of us made the search for and FOUND contentment. (Consider this year’s Seeds sign off below.)

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blogs Ode Magazine, and The Huffington Post.

No comments: