Monday, August 25, 2008

Reverse (Spiritual) Economics

I spent much of the weekend writing copy for my new web portal. When I finished it, I felt like I’d given birth. Code for: expansive but tired. That’s when it dawned on me that this entire exercise of creating my website has been a practical demonstration of spiritual economics. Let me know you what I mean.

Economics as taught by our esteemed institutions of higher learning can be reduced to a simple trio of words:

Supply and Demand

It’s explained like this: I create a supply of widgets. Through advertising, publicity and marketing, I create a demand for that widget supply. You, the demander of widgets, demand my supply and I make a fortune.

Spiritual Economics works in the exact reverse. To wit,

Demand and Supply

First, I demand of the Universe what I need. Someone to design this new website, Mother, and a videographer, and a social networking marketer, and graphic designers, and book cover wizards, and a recording engineer, and you name whatever else. Every single time I had a need, I asked the Universe for what I needed.

Second, if I’ll wait, quietly, patiently, without trying to force things, the demand is supplied so fast that my head spins.

It’s a lot harder, and longer, to create according to traditional economic principles. Spiritual economics are far easier because one takes one’s request to the storehouse of the entire Universe. They’re never out of anything. They don’t require marketing. In fact, the Universe itself IS supply.

Seek ye first . . . in the easiest, most abundant place . . . and all these things shall be added unto you.

2 comments:

Court Stroud said...

Love it that you can take basic economic principles and turn them into a spiritual lesson!

xo,

C

Anonymous said...

Spiritual economics is absolutely the best way to align in Spirit. And one of my best mantras is 'seek ye first the kingdom of God and all else is added unto you.' Love it - and you're right, it's not what or how you believe, but that you believe...everyone has their access points.