Friday, May 25, 2007

Apology V

Seeds IX, 21

Any reader who wants the whole Apology series in one document, feel free to email me and I’ll gladly send it. seedsdrcorso@comcast.net and click the link to check out my week of posts on Amy Cunningham's Chattering Mind this past week. Blessed relating, Susan

Seed: Apology V

The final step of true apology is indicating how a breach will be repaired. Here is where a lot of us get into Trouble, with a capital T.

To tell you the truth, I don’t always know how to repair a breach in a relationship. Repair, despite my own brilliant ideas, is really up to the other person. At the risk of politicizing Seeds, were the U.S. to leave Iraq completely today, I have no idea what repair would look like to the Iraqi people. Do you?

My sweetie and I had a kerfuffle this morning over wrapping a package. I don’t know what repairs looks like in this instance either, but I do know repair is necessary. Ask the other person, What would repair of this look like to you?

Look at repair with me for a minute. Re-pair. To come back into a pair once again. Of course. True apology realigns those who have felt separate. One of its OED definitions is the act of returning.

A true apology is ultimately an act of returning. Turning oneself and the situation from separation and back to connection. Now that’s an apology.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.


When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net

No comments: