Friday, May 2, 2008

Togethering

Seeds X, 18

Seed: Togethering

Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi was interviewed by Joan Borysenko for a book on spiritual experience. She asked him, “How can genuine spiritual guidance be distinguished from one’s own self-will or ego?”

He answered, “If you can tell me how to tell the difference, I’ll become your disciple.” One thing he did suggest he called Togethering. Togethering is making reference to others, asking advice, listening deeply, waiting for guidance together.

My spiritual experience tells me that if two people consider an issue from a spiritual standpoint, they usually come up with the same solution. This is togethering. When I’m attached to the outcome of a particular situation, I need togethering. We all do.

When you know you’re attached to a particular outcome, let go and seek the advice of a spiritual friend. Similar guidance is usually direct from the Divine.

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: