Friday, May 16, 2008

Depression

Seeds X, 20

Seed: Depression

Depression is rampant in North America. Well, not exactly . . . instead the diagnosis of depression is common. Is there really more depression? I don’t think so. What I think is that we’re talking about it more, and that it’s a catch-all diagnosis.

If you feel depressed, the psychology experts say that either you’re genuinely sad, or that you’re angry and have turned it in on yourself, or that you’re feeling guilty or worried. It’s best to be specific about feelings instead of using catch-all phrases. Knowing where you are allows you to change it a lot of the time.

And for the times you are genuinely depressed, consider these words. Amy Weintraub says, “Its ‘empty pockets’ weren’t a curse, but a blessing. I had more room for the Divine inside me.”

That’s a take on depression that makes sense to me.

Be content,

Susan Corso

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog Ode Magazine.

No comments: