Friday, October 5, 2007

Walls & Bridges

Seeds IX, 40

Seed: Walls & Bridges

Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727) was an English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, natural philosopher, and alchemist, regarded by many as the greatest figure in the history of science. I read this quote by him and it startled me to quietude.

“We build too many walls and not enough bridges.”

I don’t think of myself as someone who builds walls. I like to think of myself as open, welcoming, affirming, generous. Sometimes I am. Other times, though, I build a wall around my heart or my self so I don’t have to deal with things or people I don’t want to face. I feel it most often when I watch the political news.

How can I expect to have an effect on the politics of our nation when I’m building walls around my heart to hold the politicos away from myself? I can’t. I have to build bridges to them. Wynona Judd sang a song on an episode of Touched By An Angel years ago called “Love Can Build A Bridge.”

Here’s how to transform walls into bridges: let love, no, Love, dismantle the wall, one brick/stone/plinth at a time, and stretch the wall out toward the things you’ve fortressed yourself against till there’s a two-person wide bridge you both can cross and meet together in the middle.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog at Ode Magazine.

No comments: