Friday, October 26, 2007

Busy-ness

Seeds IX, 43

Seed: Busy-ness

The number one cause of death in the world these days is heart disease. Consider this: the Chinese pictograph for busy-ness means heart-killing.

I can’t be the only one who gets it. Let me lay it out in no uncertain terms: we, as a race (race!), are too busy. We over-schedule, under-perform and wonder why we’re disappointed a lot of the time. Why is because we don’t give ourselves the time truly to experience what we’ve chosen to do.

Years ago I had a friend who loved to “fit things in.” She was notoriously late, so not only was I fit in, but because she was almost always late, I missed the first fifteen or so minutes of our time together. One night, I’d had it. I left before she got there. After a quick, clear conversation, she was never late to meet me again.

If busy-ness really is heart-killing, are you really all that interested in being so busy you can’t stop and enjoy what you’re actually doing? Get out of the heart-killing business and make the switch to heart-filling.

Be serene,

Dr. Susan Corso

Seeds are remarkable gifts. Sown in consciousness, they bring you to the most important part of your being—your Divine Spark.

When you have friends you would like added to the Seeds e-mail list, send their addresses to me at SeedsDrCorso@comcast.net and please visit my blog at Ode Magazine.

No comments: