Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just Like Me

Would you like a simple spiritual practice that will guarantee you more peace with the people around you?

It will work for the ones you know and the ones you don’t know.

It will work for the ones you knew and the ones you will know.


When you hear a sentence out of your mouth that begins something like, “He is so . . . .” I’ll let you fill in the blank. Or “She really makes me . . . .” Criticisms. Angers. Frustrations. Hurts. Sadnesses. Disappointments.


Take Osama bin Laden.

“Osama bin Laden is hateful.”

Just revise your sentence with three words. Begin it with:

Just like me, Osama bin Laden is hateful.”

I don’t know about you but that brings me to a full inner stop. Relationships are mirrors. Direct mirrors, not fun house mirrors. If I can see it in Osama bin Laden, then it’s somewhere in me. That sounds harsh, I know, but that’s how the law of relationship works.

Peace will grow in you very quickly if every time in the next 21 days you rewrite your criticisms of others. Try “Just like me,” and be forewarned. Transformation will knock down your door.

No comments: